Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Red is the colour of love


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


On this Valentine’s day I wish I could write you a song,
Like that guy with red guitar singing in a bar
Or at least I wish I could write you a poem,
Like that guy with glasses drinking his red wine glasses
I am trying and failing to tell you that I love you today.

The one other time I really want to tell you this,
Is when you wait for me to watch a TV episode on our red sofa.
And when you get me food with extra chilli to make it red.
Or perhaps when you would bake me a red velvet cake.
Also when you say it’s ok after a tiring day when I am seeing red.
And when you decorate the house with yellow lights and red lamps.
Or get me home when I’m drunk and can’t tell green from red.
Even when we laugh ourselves red on our private jokes.

Most definitely when you wear your cute red ninja t shirt.
When you fret yourself crazy when I’m sick or have a red nose.
When you mark your calendar red to remind me to call my mom.
Even when you empty every packet into red boxes.

The only other day that I do love you.
Is the day I breathe and my blood runs red.
Red is the colour of our love;
And will be, till the sun keeps rising red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it here